BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post here so I hope I don't miss something

Around 6 months ago mt 2006 BMW 320i's traction control started kicking in when driving normally. A few weeks later the tyre pressure warning light came on permanently.

Based on my forum searching the problem was a faulty ABS ring, and using a scan tool showed the issue was on the right hand side.

I purchased the new ring & sensor from Parts Direct on ebay and had a local garage fit it for me & clear the error codes.

As of the last week, the issues have come back exactly as before. I checked it out with my scan tool and it shows the issue is on the same side.

Does anyon know what to do from here? I assume that the new ring has not corroded through, but could the mechanic have done something wrong during installation?

Any advice would be really helpful, hopefully someone else out there has had the same issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You could check the condition of the new sensor, see if it's been catching/wearing down?
This happened to my old E90 a year ago .. I just changed the wheel sensor for £20 off eBay and it was still working fine when I traded it in last month. I did notice the old sensor had worn down a lot though when I removed it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eBay parts can be a bit of a gamble.
From my forum searches this seller was the best place to buy the ring and they were supposedly good quality. Hopefully you're not right in this instance.

I'll have a look at the condition of the sensor tonight, maybe the mechanic didnt clean the driveshaft off properly so the new ring is still slightly rubbing the sensor.

Thank you both for your input.

·
Registered
493 Posts
eBay parts can be a bit of a gamble.
From my forum searches this seller was the best place to buy the ring and they were supposedly good quality. Hopefully you're not right in this instance.

I'll have a look at the condition of the sensor tonight, maybe the mechanic didnt clean the driveshaft off properly so the new ring is still slightly rubbing the sensor.

Thank you both for your input.
Also to help rule out reluctor ring to sensor you could swap the sensor from the opposite side that you know is working and see if it picks up afterwards. Hopefully it's not the reluctor ring as it's quite a task to get to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts