BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've got a 330d touring with a problem/natural state.

The issue is when doing a tight turn the power completely cuts out.

After turning the car on its the worst, the traction control light starts flashing then the light stays on the ABS light is on too.

The car then drives alright, but as soon as I do any tight turn or try to park, the power completely cuts out when the steering wheel is on lock.

The lights stay on the dash when driving. Although when this issue started the lights used to go off after the lights stopped flashing.

I've taken it to my mechanic who plugged it in and said there was a few issues, and determined it was the ABS pump.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? The car driv s perfectly when driving straight. The issue only happens when doing a tight turn/ directly after turning the car on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't turn it off, it's as though the traction control comes on as I do a tight turn. The light then stays on after it kicks in, but isn't on after I turn the car on and before I drive. If I turn traction control off from start it still kicks in then the light stays on.

My car's lowered and I've been advised it's possibly also caused by my tyre size, as I have 205/40/17 on the front and 225/45/17 on the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alan, that's what the mechanic has said too. Got staggered wheels on so can't just swap them over, but will be first thing I try to eliminate. Thanks for confirming

1 - 6 of 6 Posts