BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go guys. My missus has very kindly popped out from time to time to take the odd photo so that I can share my experience with you:hihi

It's been freezing cold and i've been covered head to toe in shite but it's been amusing to say the least:silly

Still more to come as there is plenty left to do:)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff m8:thumbsup

It looks so easy in the pics- one minute its on a pallet, the next thing you know its in the car:rofl:rofl
:lol All those photo's are just showing the removal:lol

The fun of refitting hasn't begun yet. There are a few replacement items that I need to acquire first:hihi

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My strong point is taking things apart:rofl

The re-fitting is gonna be a whole lot harder:hihi

To remove the engine and box together you need to angle it up and over the front subframe (where the steering rack attatches at the front). Due to there only being one lifting point the engine comes out a steep angle which causes the box to foul on the top of the transmission tunnel, then the front of the oil pan catches the subframe. To get around this a trolley jack has to be used to jack up the box to make the angle less steep. The problem with this though is you need to watch clearance, raise and manoeuvre the crane and the jack accordingly. Reversal will be a bitch as there's very little clearance on the 6 pot:frown

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.