BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is going to get a lot of use:hihi

I thought that I would add this "How To" because it seems that there isn't one at the moment:thumbsup

So here we have a thread that I created for this purpose

The thread below the one I created is how ALL Technical thread titles should look and there are NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE!

There are numerous reasons why this doesn't get done properly. The reasons are not important to be honest:D. What is important is that we try to assist our Moderators in getting the basics correct so that they can continue to concentrate on the more important factors of running a successful forum that is growing larger by the day:thumbsup

First thing you need to do is go into the thread that you created.

Select EDIT at the bottom of the box

This will leave your screen looking like this

Many members probably get stuck here but you need to click on the GO ADVANCED button;)

Now you'll notice there are quite a few more options visible

Please be sure to add the reason for why you have edited the title.

Then ensure that this time the thread title is posted as per the forum posting rules

Once you are happy with the new title you save the changes

Here is what your thread will now look like

Here is how it will appear in the forums:cool

Already we can see that there is a thread that is not titled correctly. Perhaps this member will use this guide now in order to correct it :rofl

I hope this helps, you may not agree with this rule but this is the way that it must be done in order to be most beneficial to everyone on the forum - This is the reason why our search function works!:thumbsup

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Oh Wise One -how can we move an existing thread into anoher section then?

I cleverly opened the DC10 photo thread and then dumbly put it in the National Meets instead of the Photos. Everyone was too polite to comment..........

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Oh Wise One -how can we move an existing thread into anoher section then?

I cleverly opened the DC10 photo thread and then dumbly put it in the National Meets instead of the Photos. Everyone was too polite to comment..........
Only mods can actually move threads Neal. Its not a problem at all. Just PM one of us and we will do it ASAP. :thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
And added to the bottom of Moderators signatures:thumbsup
I would be more than happy to have this added to the bottom of my signature - even in place of all of the groups TBH....;)

Thanks again RYM, takes quite a bit of time to sort out a guide like that mate:D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just wondering if this is possible or how much of a challenge it would be for you tek bods.

When some one starts a thread in the technical section, they will need to start with a number for the year. If they type a letter first the posting rules pop up in front of them.

Is it possible???

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thanks very much thats handy, easy when you know how:thumbsup

A couple of times ive tried to add FIXED on the end of a thread title and i couldnt suss it, saying that, i STILL havent sussed uploading the photos YET.:rofl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts