BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im trying to become a more active member of the forums... so i will start posting here more :)

Im after some advice regarding my e36...

I have some foglights for my car, but some charming chap has decided to walk past and kick, yes kick both of my blanking plates, smashing the clips that hold the "grey bit" as i call it, in which the fog sits.

So now my question is, am i going to have to buy a new front bumper for my car or can i fabricate something which will work??? im loathed to actually replace the bumper as i have just had the car blown over..

my next question is, im after some angel eye rings for my headlights, but i have heard that the "normal" ones you get have cold start issues, so i thought about getting LED angel eyes... good idea or bad?? i cant find any in the UK anyway... so it looks to be a USA buy.

Last thing from me is exhausts... i have a 318i... and im looking to get a twin pipe backbox... and id like sort of a low rumble and then a nice growl when i accelerate... nothing chavvy or anything... just want a nice note... any ideas on that?

Thanks guys..

Tom

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Ive got a spair pair of foglight blanks if you are interested mate. They would need painting to match your bumper but you could do that from a can. Pm me if you are. Just pay the postage and you can have them. :thumbsup

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really kind of you, but i already have the blanks... they are sort of sitting in the bumper... they are fine... its the bumper brackets that are nackered...

Im just trying to suss out if there is anyway at all i can fit my fogs... else il sell them!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Not sure about the blanking plate issue. Pictures would be ideal so that the spanner experts can advise accordingly.

As for the exhasut, for what you want, i'd recommed Scorpion. Alwayys had them in the past on my cars and my bike, IMO, great product, perfect fit with no messing each time, never had any problems and the sound is spot on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply DSK, i will try and get some pictures up asap for you guys :)

i will also take a took at scorpion backboxes... someone has already recommended them... so will check them out.

is it best to go to them direct, or can i go through a reseller?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
thanks for the reply DSK, i will try and get some pictures up asap for you guys :)

i will also take a took at scorpion backboxes... someone has already recommended them... so will check them out.

is it best to go to them direct, or can i go through a reseller?
Scorpion all the way... Had them on the 318is and now with the M3 lump:thumbsup

motechmike one of our forum vendors sells them and offers members discounts:cool

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f113/15-off-scorpion-exhaust-rrp-t7652/

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh cool, thanks for that... now just got to decode that topic so i can work out which is a twin tailpipe!! haha.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks nice to me matey!!!

Although i might be a little fussy and get a rolled lip on it...

its alot of money on a backbox, so want to be 100% happy!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi again guys,

I am awaiting a quote for a few different backboxes, big thanks to you guys for that.

I am looking to buy some CCFL angels now... as LED ones are too expensive to get shipped from america... my question is, can i wire them to their own switch in the cabin, so they can come on independantly??

Finally... i have quite a big stereo in my car, and when its a little loud, something in the rear rattles... now i have searched before for hours but i cant pin point it, is there something that "usually" rattles in the back with loud music??

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot for that link... im only after the rings... but i will keep that link for reference :)

my next mini question if anyone minds answering.... are HID kits legal??

I have found a set for the e36, but i want to make sure that they are road legal, and will pass an MOT...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's what everyone says... get the retro fitted and then have them aligned... but i dont want to be dazzling everyone with my lights, as it pisses me off when it happens to me..

Got up this morning to see both my headlights have condensation in them, and the indicator is worse!! :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts