BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 20694 hi to everyone here,
im new to the whole scene (beemas/forums) i have just purchased my very first bmw its a 97 318is coupe....i was told when buying it that it was a 318is m sport :confused is there such a thing or was this a clever sales pitch :confused
the car has 100,000k on the clock with fbmwsh i paid a princley sum of £700 for it, not quite sure if this is good money or not ?
anyway i had the rear tyres changed this weekend and have been told that the passenger rear spring has snapped :mad ..the guy told me i can get away with just changing the one side ! but surely common sense would suggest the pair need replacing ?? please advise. i have also had other issues with remote locking/alarm but with a wee bit of gusto i have managed to sort this on my own :thumbsup
heres a pic of the old girl !!!

p.s sorry if i have done things back to front but like i say im a noob in all aspects.

·
Registered
869 Posts
its not got the m sport bumpers but it is a sport if that makes sense :hihi
700 is quite a good price as long as its not falling to bits
rear springs take minutes to change and it would be best to do both of them really,you can buy FK lowering springs for about £70ish and they are a comfortable ride :thumbsup
welcome to the forum mate :thumbsup

·
Registered
77 Posts
My rear spring snapped on my driver side! Double check it didnt damage your shock though as Ive had to change both shock and spring =/ However you can get away with one side aslong as its a used spring otherwise the car will sit just as bad if you put a brand new one on. If you go new then yes change both :)

Or as E36 said grab some lowering springs or some coil overs. Busted spring is a good excuse for an upgrade ;)

700 quid is fairly good mate! Nice car too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts