BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New member, first time post. I'm restoring this M Roadster after being in storage for 10 years. I've gotten past all the storage crap like fuel, fluids, brakes, and needed new clutch (reason it was put up...along with getting married and having a kid driving a 2 seater lol). The first time I started the car, the radio came on for about 5 seconds and went off permanently. At the beginning the alarm worked but then after a couple of months, it started going off every 20-30 seconds. Eventually it stopped arming and instead of 1 chirp/lock the doors it gave 4 chirps and did not lock the doors so I stopped arming it. The radio and alarm worked when I parked it. I purchased a Alpine head unit that I installed several months ago and all was good. Wanting better sound, I purchased a 5 channel Kenwood amp, 5 1/4 Polk Audio components for the front, and 5 1/4 Polk Audio speakers to replace those 4" factory speakers (cut the hole a bit larger and used a 1" spacer...fit like a glove) and once I build my box I'll have a 8 or 10 inch sub. I used the Rockford Fosgate 4 gauge amplifier installation kit running the power and ground directly to the battery since it's right there in the trunk (wasted a bunch of 4 gauge wire). Attempted to start the car, everything appears to function as usual, but when I turned the key all the way to the start position the engine would not turn over. All the lights appeared bright and it did not look like it was the battery but I connected my battery charger up anyway to eliminate that possibility. I went from 10 amps to 40 amps to "Start Engine" (I believe 200 amps) and the starter does not attempt to engage. I worked in car audio for over a decade (2 decades ago lol) and it acts like cars that have the starter kill engaged. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts