BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i'm new to the site and must say i'm impressed!I put up a post regarding a wiring problem and within 2 mins had a reply!:thumbsup
I didnt really look for a new car but a customer of mine had this 535 on his drive and said he was going to take it to auction as it had 140k on it and wanted MOTing.He was only the second owner and it had BMW history upto 120k and it looked really smart in metallic blue with cream leather.
Having had a few big engined cars in the past but now being sensible and driving a 1.1 clio it was a bit of a blast giving the BM a run up the road and playing with all the toys:)Any way when I took it back he said as it was xmas I could have it for £1000 with 12months mot and 3months tax!I couldnt refuse the offer and I am now the proud owner.However at that mileage is there anything I need to look out for or get done to it to keep it in tiptop condition?
I was going to sell it straightaway and hopefully make a quick buck but ive fallen in love with it and now plan to keep it:goodvibes Any advice would be appreciated,Nev.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
£1000 I'd have ripped his arms off:lol

BMW's suffer with overheating problems and the wiring on the bootlid like already mentioned.

Personally I think I would get an Oil service done, replace the thermostat perhaps, re bleed the cooling system and maybe even a diagnostic scan just to see if there are any old fault codes stored on the ECU:thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts