BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
95 e38 730i brake upgrade + fuel tank

dose anyone know if any m series brakes that will fit e38's? :confused

dose anyone know where to get a cheap fuel tank for my car? best i've had so far is £350 for a re-conditioned one.

thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can find tanks no problem, but as for finding one thats not pourious, i might aswell to this :banghead

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
I don't know about a brake 'upgrade' for that model. But often, just getting new fluid and having the system bled properly can make a big difference. Especially if you combine it with some braided brake lines and sporty pads.

What's the issue with you current brakes: initial bite, braking power or over-heating under hard use?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i go to alot of track days and i know from experence that bmw standard brakes tend to heat up and sufer from bad brake fade. the only perofmance upgrrades i can find are brembos at around £2000, but i can get 6 pot calipers with discs and pads from £700 for E36's and E39's.

when the weather gets better im going to try the brakes off my e36 on the e38. if that doesent fit, i'll try and and get a loan of a e39 caliper and braket or get a scraped one and try that.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
A Wilwood brake kit is another good option, both them and Brembo do a variety of kits from around a grand up. Just depends if you have a 1 or 2 piece rotor and how fancy your calipers are etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
not sure about brake upgrade but a mate of mine is breaking a 740 which would help with a fuel tank, if you pm your number i will pass it on to him,

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure if it fits, mines is a 85 ltr and the 740 is a 95 ltr. if it does, i'll take it off him if it non-pourious.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts