BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, im new to the forums and i recently just bought my first bmw (95 318is e36 w/ 1.8 l4 m42 engine). One of the issues i have with the car is that there is an obnoxious ticking noise coming from the engine. The car runs and drives fine currently but im kind of worried that this may indicate a potential problem with the engine. The car has 317,000kms on it and the previous owner said he redid the top end about 70,000kms ago (everything down to the pistons). Below i have a short video of the engine idling to showcase the noise, does anyone know what this noise could be from and if its a bad thing? To me it kinda sounds like it could be a lifter tick but im not very experienced so im probably wrong lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a exhaust manifold leak tbh.. Why is everything a horrible shade of gold :/
Oh alright ill be sure to look into that, thanks for the help! Everything is actually different shades of orange lol the previous owner redid the top end and decided that was a good colour scheme lmao. I think its a little ugly and i plan on making a few changes to it in the near future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts