BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you replace the tape player with an after market one, dose the MID still control the audio level or is it just a matter of turning the volume on the head unit up to full and then turning the MID to the desired level?

any info would be helpful.

thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that dosent bother me, its the steering wheel buttons that i was mainly conserned about. i think alpine do an attachment that will get them working with my head unit anyway.

thanx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ive got a pioneer dvd unit and i hunted hi and low for an adapter that allowed me to use the steering controls with no joy. If you do get them working could you please let me know how.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to my knowledge alpine is the only one to do adapters for steering wheel buttons but i'll keep an ey out for you

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this site has a few adaptors for bmws, i'm going to buy this one as it's the only one to mention 7 series and alpine. it also says it works with pioneer as well.

will let you know how i get on anyway.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive got a pioneer dvd unit and i hunted hi and low for an adapter that allowed me to use the steering controls with no joy. If you do get them working could you please let me know how.
got my steering wheel controls to work with a alpine headunit. i got the adaptor from halfords. look for one that will fit the 3&5 series but make sure that you get the right one, theres 2 types, round pin and flat pin. then you need to find the adapter for your make of head unit. cost about £30

good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts