BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right, in my car (as stated above) is alarm sensors, on the centre console infront of the gearstick is LED and on the nearside strut (or turret or whatever you call it) is a siren with what looks like the earth disconnected. When i bought the car the guy never mentioned an alarm and also never gave me any fob. Now, looking through years of history i see a receipt for a new fob. So... What should i do??? I want an alarm, was thinking of buying one. Also is this an alarm/immobiliser?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The alarm isn't a immobiliser, just a simple alarm that would have originally operated the central locking on the key fob, to be honest you will be better of getting a aftermarket alarm fitted as it will probably be a headache getting yours sorted.

On the alarm siren does it have a key barrel built in?

·
Registered
71 Posts
ive got the same senario with mine.phoned a few mobile alarm installers and they can do a decent remote cobra from £150.they can also add remote start etc to this system.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ronnie, straight to the point.

There's a garage up the road that fits simple clifford and toad alarms mega cheap. Talking between 50 and 100 fully fitted. Just simple alarm connected to central locking with ultrasonics and door, boot and bonnet switches.

Can i simply cut the old alarm out or shall i just leave it to the master spark?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Thanks Ronnie, straight to the point.

There's a garage up the road that fits simple clifford and toad alarms mega cheap. Talking between 50 and 100 fully fitted. Just simple alarm connected to central locking with ultrasonics and door, boot and bonnet switches.

Can i simply cut the old alarm out or shall i just leave it to the master spark?
No probs :thumbsup

Leave it to the master sparks :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts