BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week when i tryed to start my car the battery was dead so i put it on a bttery charger overnight and the next morning when i went to take it off, the remote would not unlock the car but the key still worked in the lock and the the central locking still worked and it started up fine.

but now, the battery is dead every time i leave it overnight and i've noticed the odometer doesen't turn off now.

anyone else had the same problem or know where to sart looking that would be really helpful.

thanx

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
IIRC there is a delay on the odometer:confused

Have you checked by switching the car off, exiting the vehicle, locking it up and then wait?

I can check mine tomorrow:thumbsup

You also need to determine if the battery is not at fault and is holding it's charge. This is the time of year where more battery problems are experienced:frown

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since it happened, i've been taking the negitive terminal off the battery and it holds it charge. just remembered that the radio dosen't go off by itself when you take the key out the ignition.

yup, the hazards normally flash when the alarm turns on/off with the remote and it's stopped doing that aswell.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
before when i turned off the car and removed the key, everything usally turns off but now the odomiter and the radio stay turned on.

nothing else stays on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
checked it and it looks fine but i had a thought, would the ignition barrel not switching from positon 1 to 0 not cause this problem?

cos the odometer and the radio dosen't switch off and the remote for the alarm dosen't work either.

if i'm right, what and where do i have to check?

thanks

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You could try removing it from the back of the barrel by all means, while you are there you could check the wires out with a test light to see if the wire is staying powered up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.