BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92,316i,e36 that dont want to start for me, rac have been out and told me it was crank sensor andfuel pump relay,changed them both and it still wont start, have power at coil but no spark,fuel pump been tested and is working but wont prime or pump on cranking.
got a secondhand ecu today thinking that might be the problem but car still wont start.
has anyone got any ideas as my wallet cant take much more ofthis abuse

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
There will be power at the DME relay at one side of the contact, but is the relay energising? If it is and the fuel pump relay is also energising then check for 12V at both sides of fuse 18. If 12V is present at the fuse then there is something wrong with the wiring between there and the fuel pump.
When I replaced my DME it also didn't work, so I took the eprom (main chip) out of the new unit and fitted it in the existing unit, then the car started ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
car is in auto electricians we have checked every relay and they all power up, taken ecu out and tested the wiring from there checked orm readings on sensors fired fuel pump up ect all leads to blown ecu we have tried a third ecu today and still no luck ,running out of ideas fast

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
no car has no alarm, contacted last owner and he never had alarm or immobiliser on the car.
I don't mean to sound rude but if the sparky can't get a 92 BMW e36 running that has no alarm then you need to take it to a better Sparky :thumbsup

If he has tried DME's and all the relays and done all the proper checks then he has missed something. :frown

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I don't mean to sound rude but if the sparky can't get a 92 BMW e36 running that has no alarm then you need to take it to a better Sparky :thumbsup

If he has tried DME's and all the relays and done all the proper checks then he has missed something. :frown
Not even any EWS concerns there:confused

·
Vendor
4,698 Posts
Whereabouts are you?

BW chiptune

-Tuning BMWs since 1991
-Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
-Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
-New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
-BMW Ecu repairs.
-EGR programmed to stay closed all the time
-NOX sensor problem causing Missfire in mornings/rough running programmed out
-BMW remote Keys made and cut same day
-Key data fixed in EWS or CAS for non starters or when theft attempted.
-Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
-Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
-DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal
-40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Unit 8&9
alpha industrial estate
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+34643890040
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.