BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My first post here, I have wanted to ask this for a while but I didn't want to waste anyone's time. I'm a young aircraft Engineer on the south coast of the UK and I've recently inherited a BMW E34 535i, I've always dreamed of putting a V8 in it. I've done a bit of research but there's so much talk about turboing the m30b35 which I'm not really interested in... so on various forums I can't find anything conclusive to answer my question. Will a M62B44 go in a E34?? Or does anyone know a link to someone thats done it before and shared their path? I'm aware of VANOS etc and I know to avoid it and I have found a possible engine to fit on the good old ebay.
My search results are turning up with nothing but I've seen Youtube videos of E34's running the M62B44, so I'm stumped! Any help will be appreciated and if this goes ahead I'll try share its path with you guys!

Slightly fearing the comments to follow from the forum vets, be gentle!

Cheers,
Greg.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have you had any developments on this car?

Firstly the big six, basically from what I understand and to grossly simplify is a single cam version of the M88 from the e28 M5

secondly the M62 will fit, dimension only slightly different to M60 that went in e34 anyway

finally and this is why I choose to go to great lengths to find an M60B40 is necessary mods to the loom and immobiliser

to fit any V8 to your 535i you'll probably need to be very savvy with auto-electrical wiring or rip out all immobilizer functions

I'd love a go in the M30B35 as it's probably one of the most iconic engines BMW have made other than it's M division power plants

1 - 2 of 2 Posts