BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story:

Had the 730D for a year on SORN, started her up 5-6 times a month to keep the battery good, put £20 fuel in now and again. Finally got round to getting her on the road so have a first drive to the garage for full service/MOT - no probs driving there at all (4 miles, big smile on my face) but soon as they get her into the bay she starts stalling and won't stay idle.

They just look at me like I'm lying when I say she hasn't done this to me at all in the past 12 months turning her over. Take the key out and put it back in and the car starts straight away for maybe 4-5 seconds and then just dies. Try to start her again with the key still in and she tries but won't start. Again, remove the key and put it back in and she starts immediately and then dies. Try to get her in Drive/Reverse and she just dies after a few seconds. No error messages on screen.

I tried driving her away from the garage after the service but she made it 30 feet down the road and now she is back outside the garage. Can't believe how she has turned over this whole year and get to the garage fine then she ups and does this to me?

Going to get the codes read hopefully tomorrow by the garage whilst they do some fault-finding but in the meantime any suggestions welcome - dirty fuel filter/pump/MAF issues?

Hopefully not too much issue to sort... :(

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After using INPA it looks like it's injector 4 that is the culprit. Being replaced tomorrow and will report back if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Interesting but i can't see one injector causing that problem.
Hard to start when hot yes but when started should keep running well my 3.0d engine did with two failed injectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's told me this morning that he removed the problem injector and she started and kept running although rough.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Possibly cruddy tank, static a long time so crud formed, then short drive managed to stir things up....
Maybe..
Reckon rasa golf is in the right area..

Long time ago had partner put Redex into a tank, then complain it was leaking, the sealing disc had dropped into the tank, floated around then would seal over the outlet - no fuel, leave 5 mins and would drive fine for a while :)
Had to drop and clean tank out, but once saw white round disc, clicked what it was!
That was a Rx-7, your tank might be a little larger :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Injector 4 replaced but after a week it looks like I have other injector issues..I have uploaded E65 INPA CODES.jpg INPA error code dump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All sorted - replaced another injector (1) and also I asked if they could replace all the glow plugs at the same time as they may have been running on the originals.

Got her back and she is running superb. Checked with INPA last night and no errors at all, not a one. They put the battery on charge for me and I am assuming a lot of the other codes were to do with low voltage as they have aso gone. I am very happy indeed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts