BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
e46 320cd (150), 6spd man

Just as it clocked 700 miles, dte was still showing 39 miles

approx 59ltrs used to re-fill. That works out to 54mpg combined average.

approx 600 miles spent commuting - a combination of local and A roads (20 miles) and motorway (30 miles @ 60-80mph).

approx 100 miles of motorway driving @ 55mph (ave on this stretch was 64mpg!)

..and one short burst of "enthusiastic" driving

Normal commute-only driving results in an average of 50mpg.

..I'm getting e-maps to chip it next week so it will be very interesting to report just how much more economy a "map" can give!

Cheers
J

·
Platinum BFuk Member
356 Posts
I've got the E46 2003 Touring 320d and last week I got just over 650 and had about 40 miles left, thats from doing 90% motorway trips and the rest town driving/short trips.

When I fill it back up it says 780 miles to go - can only dream.

·
Registered
185 Posts
When you fill it back up and calculate the miles travelled with the amount of fuel put in, does the MPG match the figure of what shows on the OBC?

Im currently testing mine now with a full tank-hoping it will last me two weeks with the usual miles i am doing at present. But im interested to see if the figures match, hoping not actually as i dont even get 44 MPG on my usual trip to work and back according to the dash read out, would hope for nearer the 50 mark on a diesel, my driving is pretty sensible too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep - it is true. I don't use my brakes much!

The OBC matches what I calculated - the swingometer I'd say is on the money too. I normally reset the OBC each fill which [apparently] improves the accuracy of the DTE and MPG.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
To be honest, having spent some time in an Audi A4 2.5Tdi, I do secretly admire fast engined diesels as they are pretty swift yet capable of delivering stunning MPG and tank ranges ..... If I had any common sense I'd get a one!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to clarify and not get everyone beating their BM's with a bit of roadside foliage...

700miles (using 59 ltrs) comprised of approx:

100 miles @ 55mph (cruise control on) with only a couple of roundabouts to slow for

250 miles @ 30-60mph (local roads and A roads)

350 miles @ 60-80mph (motorway)

..an average of 54mpg ..I only normal get an average of 50mpg ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.