BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

650i throttle body plug

5K views 57 replies 5 participants last post by  RalphS 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I've not been on in a very long time.......650i was doing fine until recently

Electronic device Gadget Technology Portable communications device Electronics

Car Vehicle Electronics Technology Automotive design

Screen Electronic device Display device

It looks like i could have a throttle pedal/body/electronic wiring fault. I read it's most likely to be the plug that goes into the body

Has anyone had any dealing with this before? Can only seem to source the part from the USA, which im a bit gutted about

See less See more
#55 ·
Well everybody...……….WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!!!! Ordered a new throttle body yesterday, picked it up today from BMW and just fitted it and we have an engine that revs with the pedal!!!!!!! no lights no codes!!!! Im away to re assemble everything and take it for a run! WHAT A FEELING, my £11,900 repair turned out to be a £350 throttle body, OK so I spent £550 but that was on some unnecessary things like a new throttle pedal and IVM but hey ho!

Thanks everyone for helping and tips! I'm away to give it a run and ill report back

#57 ·
The IVM is a good preventative maintenace swap for our cars at this age anyway, they're a known failure point and aren't always an easy diagnosis as its a conduit for so many different systems.
Great news you've got it sorted (y), still can't believe the dealership were going to take £12k off you and that didn't include the problem part.

#58 ·
I seem to have the same issue. Had just departed on a few days away when many warning lights came on and car went into limp mode. Was only 2 miles away from my usual indi garage, so had no alternative but to leave car there. (Thought I'd messed up my new Android head unit install, but that's another story....).

Garage is provisionally reporting known fault with the throttle potentiometer / link to ECU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.