Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
640D Wanted

In Grey, Black, Blue or possibly white.
Coupe or Gran Coupe
Less than 40K
FSH
2012 plate or above
Up to £20k

Anything considered as long as the price is correct for spec. An enthusiasts car always a bonus :) Main thing is that its been well cared for and trouble free.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
good luck,, you have a good budget..bought mine in march,,78 k miles,,proper looked after with £14k of options ,like soft close doors/comfort seats/bang and olufsen etc,,in grey,,done a couple subtle modes,,remap from jason at bwchiptune,,colour coded rear spoiler v type,black grilles and wheels done in dark grey with calipers nardo grey and m decals,,absolutely love the car,,paid 13k for it,,,have every bit of info for the car,,even when purchased 2nd time after new,all booklets with spec list on where ticked etc,,the interiror is like new f13 coupe

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good luck,, you have a good budget..bought mine in march,,78 k miles,,proper looked after with £14k of options ,like soft close doors/comfort seats/bang and olufsen etc,,in grey,,done a couple subtle modes,,remap from jason at bwchiptune,,colour coded rear spoiler v type,black grilles and wheels done in dark grey with calipers nardo grey and m decals,,absolutely love the car,,paid 13k for it,,,have every bit of info for the car,,even when purchased 2nd time after new,all booklets with spec list on where ticked etc,,the interiror is like new f13 coupe
cheers, wow really nice looking car there. Sounds like you had an amazing deal, must have every option under the sun. Must have VDC - would you say this is a must have? Incidentally can you hear any kind of turbo whistle at all, or high pitched whistle when revving engine, even very faint? Im paranoid about turbo issues having had a lot of issues over the years!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
these cars are very reliable,,no turbo whistle at all..and no it does not have vdc,,extended leather dash/20 inch wheels/reverse camera/contrast stitching/piano black trim/sign recognition/bmw connected drive/vermillion red nappa leather comfort seats,with memory,bang and olufsen stereo and 16 speakers/soft close doors/high beam assist,,as long as oil chasnges are frequent like 10k miles max,also i had gearbox serviced booked in 2 days after i bought it,,needs doing after 70 k miles.the stereo uses up nearly £4k of option money,,car was £81k new,,then after 9 months it was sold,,new owner paid £53k,,so quite a loss for first owner..£28k

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these cars are very reliable,,no turbo whistle at all..and no it does not have vdc,,extended leather dash/20 inch wheels/reverse camera/contrast stitching/piano black trim/sign recognition/bmw connected drive/vermillion red nappa leather comfort seats,with memory,bang and olufsen stereo and 16 speakers/soft close doors/high beam assist,,as long as oil chasnges are frequent like 10k miles max,also i had gearbox serviced booked in 2 days after i bought it,,needs doing after 70 k miles.the stereo uses up nearly £4k of option money,,car was £81k new,,then after 9 months it was sold,,new owner paid £53k,,so quite a loss for first owner..£28k
take a listen to these sounds files - i know theres a faint high pitched whistle in background on there, so yours doesnt even do that, completely silient?

Audio 1

Audio 2

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
every car with a turbo will have a silent whistle,,not loud and you do not hear it unless ya listening for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts