BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

When i try to adjust some settings in my I drive it will reset the figure that i am inputting

For example the lights setting if i try to adjust from 40 seconds to 60 seconds i press enter then it goes back to 40?

another example is Brightness of the display if i adjust the brightness to any other setting than the middle it will reset itself

can anyone help with this?

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Assuming you're using as an example 'Home Lighting' you enter the menu, turn the knob so the timer is displayed, press the knob, twist to change the time then press again.

If that doesn't work, you have a fault,,,,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yip this is exactly what i do! but when you change the time it resets itself back to 40s
What is this home lighting anyway? as soon as i turn my ignition off then open the door the lights turn off

and back to the origional fault its with the home lighting and brightness of the display that i have noticed everything else seems to work so im confused with it

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
Home lighting leaves the lights on for a bit whilst you fumble of your door keys!! No use to me as mine's in a garage!!

How old is you battery? Can you check the current? 6s are notorious for throwing up random issues when the battery is nearing the end of its life!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not sure how old the battery is as ive just bought the car! i can get somebody to check the current for me and report back! whats it supposed to be?

lights defo dont stay on when i lock the car

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
You'd need to check or wait until someone more knowledgeable comments, but I think it's 14.4 with the engine running (+/- 0.5?). Should of course be c12.0 on its own.

Oddly E63/64 had a huge number of options fron new s it is possibly (although unlikley) that you haven't got the option but the basic firmware is stil linstalled in I-Drive. However, the car can be clever and save power when the battery is dying by disabling some functions.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would say its more like the second option as it is doing it to the brightness of the display also! I would imagine it is the same on all pro navs to be able to adjust the brightness and not an option

i had just replaced my battery on my TT lol looks like im buying another! how much am i looking at?

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
i would say its more like the second option as it is doing it to the brightness of the display also! I would imagine it is the same on all pro navs to be able to adjust the brightness and not an option

i had just replaced my battery on my TT lol looks like im buying another! how much am i looking at?
BMW OEM is gel and about £220. I bought a Bosch lead-acid for about £125 and it's been fine. Just make sure it's at least 100 aH capacity - anything less and you'll be back to square one.

I don't want £125 of your money on my conscience so please do get yours tested first!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will do matey thanks for the advice true gent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts