BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Essex Turbo,

Could you give me a ballpark figure for the rebuild of both turbos on a 535d done 185,000 miles. Based on me taking them off the car and shipping to you?

Thanks,
Dunc.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Jeez that's unlucky
WTF have you done to them?
I don't know of any 535d fixed vane turbo failures
Ok then , maybe one or two
Have yoy had a catastrophic oil failure?

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I read a few weeks ago how these 535d won engine of the year and never have problems etc when talking to my garage tech last week about getting one they said dont get a 530d their more reliable i was confused as i thought it was the other way round he went on to tell me of the amount of 535d's they have in because of turbo failures and they cost alot to replace as hardly anyone refurbed them dont know if this is rubbish as i thought all turbos could be refurbished

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shamon,

Nothing :) there not totally fubar, far from it. I'm just trying to keep the car in tip-top condition so was considering having them completely refurbished for peace of mind. If anything all it probably needs is the injectors refurbishing at some point....

If only we all had endless budgets :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Duncan, really sorry no one has replied to your thread. unfortunately your request has only just appeared in our inbox. I'm not sure if it is still relevant but just in case the cost to rebuild both turbos off your 535d is £870+VAT (£1020.00). This includes the carriage costs to collect and then deliver back once rebuilt. There will be a 2 year warranty on the rebuilt turbos. Turnaround time is normally a day & half in the workshop, so roughly 3-4 working days including the collection and delivery. Beaware of the breather issue that some of the bmw models suffer with. If this has been of any use please let us know. Again sorry for the time delay. Andy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Duncan,

Could you confirm if i belatedly replied to your question yesterday as i have received another update email which brings me to your original message. Thanks Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts