BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I am not that clued up when it come to Torque on cars, right my question is i've had my 535d remapped and apparently i've now got 500ft of Torque, can someone please explain what this Torque is all this about and what it actually mean..

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have answered your own question by paying for a re-map in the first place, more torque means more oomph, which makes for a faster car

Who did your re-map and how does it compare before / after?

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have answered your own question by paying for a re-map in the first place, more torque means more oomph, which makes for a faster car

Who did your re-map and how does it compare before / after?
Well basically had my old e46 csl remapped from elite remaps from up north somewhere 3 years ago, and couldn't really feel no difference, but 2 weeks ago purchased a 535d and decided on a remap not as if it needed it but thought what the hell, had a chap from Angel Tuning, He turned up and checked all the car first and was playing about with it for a bout 3 hours unlike Elite remaps who were here for half hour with my old car,so then went for a spin with after the remap and all I can say was it was pretty quick b4, but this is now faster than my old csl so was very very impressed...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of getting emaps to do my 335d, the only thing worrying me is the strength of the auto box.

That said, i'm still going to go ahead with it!

500+ torques sounds good to me....

·
Registered
208 Posts
torque is pulling power hence measured in newtons or lb/ft.
bhp is how fast it can use it.

what year have you got pre or post lci?
only asking as pre lci has a weaker/ lower rated gearbox hence apparently take a lower loading on torque.

one reason why the 35d never came in manual as gearbox couldn't handle the power.

was it a custom map?

that's all i know really. but if you had a remap csl and now a 535d, and don't know the ins and out, the question is does it feel stronger and bigger grin ;-)

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
torque is pulling power hence measured in newtons or lb/ft.
bhp is how fast it can use it.

what year have you got pre or post lci?
only asking as pre lci has a weaker/ lower rated gearbox hence apparently take a lower loading on torque.

one reason why the 35d never came in manual as gearbox couldn't handle the power.

was it a custom map?

that's all i know really. but if you had a remap csl and now a 535d, and don't know the ins and out, the question is does it feel stronger and bigger grin ;-)
Just drive nicer and I almost feel a bit posh in it lol, but in my csl felt to much like a boy racer and in your face if you know what I mean..

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of getting emaps to do my 335d, the only thing worrying me is the strength of the auto box.

Sorry to jump the thread here but if your interested in a remap then give me a shout on 07738 236577. I've done many 35D's now and none have suffered any problems even 2 years and X amount of miles later!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to jump the thread here but if your interested in a remap then give me a shout on 07738 236577. I've done many 35D's now and none have suffered any problems even 2 years and X amount of miles later!

Hi where are you based and what's your charge?

Is this a bespoke mapping session or one of those generic ECU uploads?

Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts

I did my very first one back in 2006 and that car with over 100k is still going fine.

The biggest test is the Nurburgring where many of my customers over the years have raced their car round with no issues.

I'm regularly in London, drop me a email or pm if you want and have a look at the independent dyno plot below with the power at the wheels which equates to 340-350bhp and 700nm of torque. Top speed limiter is also removed (174mph GPS verified) and 0-60mph under 5 seconds ;)

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im thinking of getting my 07plate 535D done with Celtic tunic.....any advice?
Personally mate I would go for Emaps or Aptuning, I think you will find on Celtic tuning's website their figures are very unrealistic, and think you would get a cheaper job and possibly a better job going to Emaps,Aptuning or the one I used which was Angeltuning who were very good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
E-Maps In Norheast

Hi Buddy,

We can help no problem no matter where you are.We have an agent in Chester le street Durham area but could also get a mobile service at your door no problem.
Prices are competitive and our services are recommended by many as well as being forum approved.:cool

Check the website for an enquiry form or give us a call.
Hope to hear from you.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
what's a pre lci 535d gearbox rated at in lb/ft and NM?
Any one any ideas on this - I'm looking at getting mine remapped but not sure if my 535d 2007 07 plate is pre LCI 272bhp or 284bhp, any ideas how I can find out.
Chassis number ends with B893547.....cheers.
Also had prices starting from £299 with emaps up to £800 with DMS......!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Any one any ideas on this - I'm looking at getting mine remapped but not sure if my 535d 2007 07 plate is pre LCI 272bhp or 284bhp, any ideas how I can find out.
Chassis number ends with B893547.....cheers.
Also had prices starting from £299 with emaps up to £800 with DMS......!
Your car was produced in Jan 07 I don't think the LCi was introduced till Mar 07 but there are some marked differences between the interior and exterior to tell the two cars apart.

One way of telling is entering your car reg no into the DVLA's road tax system. The uprated engine produces 178 g/km whereas the earlier engine is 216g/Km CO2. See what they have on record for your car

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my 335d booked in this Saturday with APTuning. Darren is very helpful and local to me so it was an easy choice.

I'll post my feelings once I've explored the out come of the remap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice one fellas, I've spoken to Simon from emaps and Darren from APT tonight, massive difference in prices than DMS....! Are they worth the extra money??
Thanks for the help....
ps mine is a 272BHP model....damn!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts