BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just picked up a new to me 535d GT on a 17 plate auto box, possibly still in warranty so will check with BMW.

The problem I am discovering is as the title states. With the car warmed up when I come to a stop there is a shake/shudder that can be felt. Only happens when in gear and a complete stop on the brakes. Disappears if I put in neutral, park or use the auto hold, which from what I am being told crates a false neutral.

Is anyone familiar with this issue or had it before and what was done to resolve it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
New one on me but could be an oil level problem in the gearbox. I'd get it back to the dealers ASAP as it should still be under warranty.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New one on me but could be an oil level problem in the gearbox. I'd get it back to the dealers ASAP as it should still be under warranty.
Thanks for the advice. It is still under warranty and I dropped it off at my local dealer earlier. They have it for the whole day tomorrow so we will see what comes of it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Is this like a jolt or a bit of a lurch when slowing down and the car would be down-shifting from 2nd to 1st? If yes then it is likely to be a bit of gunge in the valve bodies in the gearbox.
Nothing that a bit of a service in a decent gearbox shop can't cure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this like a jolt or a bit of a lurch when slowing down and the car would be down-shifting from 2nd to 1st? If yes then it is likely to be a bit of gunge in the valve bodies in the gearbox.
Nothing that a bit of a service in a decent gearbox shop can't cure.
It is only when stationary with my foot on the brake and the car in D. Starts shaking a bit, but I genuinely have no idea what is causing it.

All the gear changes are exactly as you expect them, nothing of any concern there at all.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine mounts possibly?
BMW came back to me saying all is good. They have checked all mechanicals around the engine (EGR, swirls flaps, actuators etc). I am not sure what they have checked on the gearbox apart from scanning for error codes (none at all from either engine or box). I was thinking last night and I came to the same conclusion as yourself that it could potentially be mounts.

It was back in end of feb for end of warranty check and I will ask them to have another look. In the mean time I’m not paying too much attention to it. No point chasing such a minor niggle if it’s going to end up costing hundreds just to find what it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts