BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I have the above car (forgot to mention on the title E39) and am a little disappointed with the in car entertainment.

Does anyone know of a not so expensive way of upgrading the system so that the sound is decent. I am pretty happy with the stereo itself (althought I find the cd changer jumps more than I have had in any previous cars!?!).

Any advice/details of alterations you have made would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Pete

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Hi pjh, you're asking a bit of loaded question there. I know exactly what you mean with the disappointing entertainment system. My CD changer is absolutely spot on btw. Is yours located in the glove box or the boot?

I've tried in vain to upgrade my speakers and stereo but it's just not that simple.

Do you have the i drive?

Try these links for some light background reading!

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f8/cd-changer-to-ipod-using-i-drive-t7595/

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f8/has-anyone-done-something-remotely-like-this-on-t6865/

I don't know of any off the shelf upgrades for your car, sorry dude. Red :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
530d Stereo

Hi Red,

Thanks for the post.

My car is an E39 so no I-drive.

I'll have a look at the links you've forwarded shortly.

CD changer - this is located in the boot. To be honest i've just assumed being the sport model (fitted with 245/19/40 before I bought the car) that with quite a stiff ride i should expect the odd jump with the player.

I'm guessing the the size of the standard speakers will just mean it is not too easy to improve bass.

Thanks for the help thus far.....:thumbsup

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
No pjh, you shouldn't be putting up with a CD changer jumping like that. I had 18 run flats near enough your profile and still no jumps, but cd changer is in the glove box.

you may be able to get a quality 6 x mp3 changer to replace it???

If it's just standard speakers you wanna swap in and out then you may be in luck. There a few members in her who know their audio stuff far more than I.

Hopefully other members can shed some more light shortly :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts