BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have an X3 with a engine fault and I have an e39 530d with a good engine and box .
My question is will the 530d engine and box go in the X3 , obviously converting it to 2 wheel drive ?
And if possible, how easy / difficult to do ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry , I should have mentioned that the X3 has a 2.0D engine at the moment, and the 530D had a top end rebuild a few years ago and is a great running engine.

·
Vendor
4,669 Posts
Change the engine for the same as what came out of it unless you want to pay out for all the extra problems it will cause using this engine

BW chiptune
Tuning BMWs since 1991
Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
BMW Ecu repairs.
BMW remote Keys made and cut same day with or without car even if all keys lost we can supply you a key like the dealers do.
Key data fixed for non starters or when theft attempted.
Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal of its guts or replacement.
40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Hayes
UB3 1BB

or

Spain
Orihuela Costa
+447831103030

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for replies , obviously I am trying to avoid the cost of replacing the engine , but thought it would be possible to use the e39 engine , was it not the same 3.0D that went in the X3 with different box for the 4 wheel drive ?
Also what sort of problems/ costs do you mean ?

Not doubting your knowledge but I am genuinely curious to know what the pitfalls would be ?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts