BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

My car radio is playing but no sound I scanned for errors and I get MOSTGW E18D. After doing some searching online most guys are saying I should check the amplifier in the boot on the left side.I bought the optic cable loops on amazon a few weeks back.When I open the boot there is no amplifier I see MPM module and the PDC module on the right side of the boot no amplifier in sight.Last night I even opened the dash panel to check the radio I can see the fibre optic cable from the radio to the CD changer in the glove compartment those cables look fine I can see the red flicking light on the optic cables. Where else can the amplifier be located? .

When I say I cannot find the amp guys just laugh and say check the boot again.I have taken all the mats out and attached pictures of my boot show that I am not losing my mind guys.

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dont take my reply as been "gospel " But i believe you might have what I have .Thats the amp IS part of the single CD section below the AC controls .I have the fibre optic system as well . I think we have the BMW "3rd world spec" cars !

·
Super Moderator
3,500 Posts
There is no separate amp if you have the basic audio. With Hifi and Top-Hifi there is a separate amp on left side of the boot. You can check your vehicle specs with VIN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts