BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

525tds blower dead

760 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Shogu 
#1 ·
Hi there hoping someone can help here please. Car is 1995 525tds auto with auto climate system.

Had the usual blower speed control issues last year so removed sword and replaced the 4 transistors. Job done and all working fine.

Proceeded to throw £££ at the old girl so everything was spot on (auto box fluid/filter/glow plugs/ inlet manifold degunk including intercooler flush/egr delete/ water pump/stat and coolant flush. Also end tuning chip which made a massive difference to power and average 8mpg increase)

A month later blowers totally died. I checked all fuses including blower motor and all fine. Pulled sword thinking id messed up and nothing apparent. Feeling disheartened gave up for a year until now.

Recently convinced myself it was the sword so bought a used tested unit. Still doesn't work.

Have pulled control panel to check solder joints and all looks fine (no bad dirt/ dust build up to sensor either which was a surprise)

Pulled control module this morning, apart from 2 baked 120R resistor cannot see any other cracks/ dry joints.....
Are these the problem?

Just to note around the same time, I think, we also lost power to lift pump (Car still starts after a bit and runs beautifully)

Mentioned pump fault as have pondered if ignition switch may be faulty and not sending signals to other control units etc....?

To note have not had car plugged in yet.

Anyhow sorry for epic post but reached limits of my knowledge and Google results. Any help appreciated as my wife loves the car and will not accept an e39 despite my efforts!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.