BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am thinking of buying a low mileage E61 525/530d M sport and have a budget of around £20K. (Might look at the 520d but fear it will be underpowered).

I have read that there was a facelift around 2007/8 but I am struggling to find out if this was just engine changes or if there is anything more visual. Can anyone supply more info on this?

Also are there any factory extras that you consider a must have when I am looking at car specs?

Many thanks

Neill

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
the rear lights changed to what are known as "fan tails" and another big give away are the radio buttons. All LCI (facelift) models have a row of 8 programmable buttons just below the heater/air con controls

the LCI 520d is a lot more powerful, but you really need to go drive one to know if it's for you, as the literally wring the nuts out of the 2.0 lump to get some great figures for power and economy.

specs: M Sport's have a body kit like mine and sports suspension, bigger wheels
SE's don't and have normal suspension, supple ride
leather & bluetooth would be a minimum
professional satnav,sunroof,rear lip spoiler are always nice and makes for an easy sale when that time comes

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
really?

my uncle bought one a few months back for 14k with 35k miles, 520d black with black leather, no other toys on an "07" plate

·
Banned
179 Posts
yes mate,thats an lci facelift model
the easiest giveaway is the new style silver gear selector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts