BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps i have a 523i touring that looks like it has hydraulics lol the rear suspension is gone the back end is touching the floor, i seem to have found the fault as when i put my finger over a whole in the air suspension starts to pump up.. how could i reapair this for were could i find the new part??

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
alright chaps i have a 523i touring that looks like it has hydraulics lol the rear suspension is gone the back end is touching the floor, i seem to have found the fault as when i put my finger over a whole in the air suspension starts to pump up.. how could i reapair this for were could i find the new part??
Which part is holed? the "spring/bag" itself? if yes then you need a new one.

Also if you have two BMW's then you can have both listed in your Car specs box as found in your User CP. :thumbsup

Like this

Make of Car: BMW / BMW
Model of Car: 320I / XXXX
Year of Vehicle: 1996 / XXXX
Transmission Type: AUTO / XXXX
Car Body Type: TOURING / XXXX

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 99 523i did this, it needed a new bag which was £140 plus fitting (can DIY it). Not saying this is your problem as I guess the piping can go too?
Having said that my car still goes down but now only after about 4 days left not 12 hrs as previous! Lucky i didn't pay for the new bag or I would be gutted.
Just replace the part with the hole in it with a NEW part, no use going second hand as it will just go again.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 99 523i did this, it needed a new bag which was £140 plus fitting (can DIY it). Not saying this is your problem as I guess the piping can go too?
Having said that my car still goes down but now only after about 4 days left not 12 hrs as previous! Lucky i didn't pay for the new bag or I would be gutted.
Just replace the part with the hole in it with a NEW part, no use going second hand as it will just go again.
ok thanks for he info gonna have to get the new bag i think when i put my finger over the hole it starts to inflate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.