BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home yesterday when my bmw 2008 520d n47 cut out and wouldntnt start again. Its cranking ok just not starting and dosnt sound like it wants to. I read the codes with a cheap scanner and got 1 code which was p3263. What can I check first? How do I check fuel pump? Would a code come up if fuel pump was to blame? Any other suggestions on what to check would be great. Car normally runs OK it normally reliable so I'm confused on how it would just shut off and not start again. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi mate, When you normally turn the ignition to stage 1 ie stage 2 actually starts the car, at stage one you can normally hear the fuel pump priming. On a 330d its under the passenger seat floor & you hear it. Fuel pump relay could be at fault? You tube could be your best friend here? Hope this helps? Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a look online for fuel pump fuse diagrams etc found them checked them all good tried to start it and it started... car has a mind of its own but obv something is about to fail or it wouldn't of happened ill have to start with the research on google thanks for the reply bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts