BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my 2013 520d in for service and they carried out the quality enhancement on it at the same time. Apparently it is a modified exhaust bracket as the old ones had previously come loose on some models. Luckily I didn't notice any noise or vibration on mine beforehand so not sure if this is the issue a lot of owners have noticed. Seems they are carrying out the enhancement on affected cars when they come in for service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys!
Are there any further updates regarding this noise?
Noticed the same thing with my F30 20DX with B47.

Also I have turbo noise in Parking mode (you can hear whistle noise in the video above) and also in Drive mode under load (cold and hot engine, with closed windows), between ~1800...3000 rpm. Is it OK this turbo sound? Do you have the same?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and would be greatful for any advice.

I have just sold my old car which was a 2008 320D MSport in Le Mans blue. My favourite car and never had an issue with it in all its time. The reason for mentioning my old car is show I'm used to the sound that the 2 litre engine made within the cockpit.

I bought a new car which is a 520D M Sport with M Sport Plus pack. Car is lovely and about 1 month old. One thing that I am noticing and I cannot reproduce this on demand and I cannot find conditions that this occurs in. However in certain conditions "unknown to me" at around 1500revs the car will make almost like a vibrating rumbling sound through the :banned: pit. Quite unpleasant on the ears. . It can last for about half an hour at a time Is most annoying. Inside it sounds very boy racer deep exhaust rumbling through that cockpit.I have taken to dealership an wasn't able to reproduce. They did say there had been some people with similar faults in the old chassis and BMW had advised exhaust tension and a fix.

Supposedly when my car was in for the day they realigned the exhaust. This has made no difference. I'm struggling to think what I can do next. I can't keep taking my car in with a fault that I can't reproduce.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
I had the same problem and tryed many things to fix it. It turned out to be slightly too much oil in the engine. I bought a hand pump which I channelled through the dip stick. Pumped out around 800 mil and guess what noise is gone. Bmw put too much oil in. Since then ive change my oil to Castrol 5W-30 ECT C3 Full Synthetic Motor Oil and car is giving me no problems. Just now and again take it for a little run for a regen. Hope that helps.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts