BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , I have a 57 plate 520d m sport which has covered 100000 miles , been a excellent car up until now , For the last couple of weeks , when you start it up from hot or cold it would stall after about 5 seconds , no rattles or bangs just stall but was pretty intermittent. Now it is a permanent thing and can't get it to move as its auto , have changed maf and cleaned egr and map sensor. If I unplug ethier maf or map or egr it starts fine with limited boost??? Any help would be much appreciated, plus when it's about to stall you can't rev through it
No error codes

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think. Your find its the pressure converter, that's the bit that does the egr vacuumed .

But you really need to get the codes read

·
Registered
336 Posts
cars this age get this pretty often
your points of call:
1 get the codes read to make sure its not underfueling
2 try running it with the vac tube off the egr and bunged with a rivet
if it drives normally then , then this is a good place to look further at the pierburg electrovalve opening all the time
you would need to give the throttle , egr and intake a good cleaning out as it will be all coked up
also check the turbo vanes arm moves fully as it gets coked too

3 the car will normally start ok with a dead maf and dead map but boost will be inexistant
the mafs simply fail due to buring out and the maps get bunged with coke, sometimes can be de- bunged
let know what transpires
paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul , gonna have a decent look this afternoon and get a friend to read the codes again many thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update : changed the pierburg electro valve and runs perfect thanks for your help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
5,853 Posts
You have disconnected from the egr diaphragm,which means that the electrovalve that controls the egr valve is your issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts