BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2006 520d 163bhp and am looking to remap it.
The only remap people I can find within a sensible distance from where i live (swansea) is a company that do evolution chips.

1.Do remaps really work and what am i looking to gain?
2.Has anyone had experience with evolution chips or are they reputable?
3.Does anyone know of someone doing remaps in the S.Wales area?

Thanks

mark.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a 2006 520d 163bhp and am looking to remap it.
The only remap people I can find within a sensible distance from where i live (swansea) is a company that do evolution chips.

1.Do remaps really work and what am i looking to gain?
2.Has anyone had experience with evolution chips or are they reputable?
3.Does anyone know of someone doing remaps in the S.Wales area?

Thanks

mark.

Hi Mark :D

There are 2 main companies that appear on the forum as vendors.
Motech and E-maps

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f94/

If you check their websites you should be able to see typical power gains for your model.
I think E-maps will travel to you and Motech are in Northamptonshire.

I'm down for a remap soon and I did a lot of searching around until I found a company that had a good reputation,
after all you don't want any old idiot with a laptop remapping your pride and joy.
Both these companies have very good reputations but ultimately it is your choice.
Personally I even thought of traveling 150 miles to get a remap and stay overnight in a cheap hotel.
Or getting a group together for a remap is another alternative?

Hope that helps and good luck :thumbsup

·
Registered
1 Posts
520d e60 2006 remapped!!

Hi I just got by BMW e60 remapped for cheap! Runs like a 525d very pleased with the results
Top guy his name is Martin at Ecuador power and is located in Hayes numer 07944371561

·
Vendor
4,698 Posts
We have our dyno setup in Hayes if you every want to see what it's putting out

And I also know tuners around the uk that will read,send me the file so I can adjust the maps, then send back so they can upload it to your car

I have a tuner in Swansea if that help you
or
I can send out our BW Flasher unit for you to do this at home or keep if you want to swap between maps
Here is a dyno graph of a 520d we remapped and tested on our dyno dynamics rolling road

My advise to all out there is to take your car to well know tuner with a dyno so you have proof of the remap or use a forum sponcer

As you can see the post above is a advert
He has only posted 1 time on the forum and it is to advertise another company

Jason Bw chiptune 02085611818 or 07831 103030

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.