• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

As soon as i change the gear in to the Reverse Gear, the Rear Revesring Sensor bleeps continiously (NON stop) even when there is no obstruction at the Back. The Front sensor operates as expected and is normal. CLEANED the Rear Sensors with a brush but has NOT cured it. The only way to STOP it bleeping is to "trun it" off from the Switch.
Can any one advise or put my right direction?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
One of the sensors is flaky. You'll need to plug it into the diagnostics program (INPA//DIS) and get it to display the perceived ranges on each of the sensors to work out which one is ill.

Alternatively what you can do is buy a couple of spare sensors (they aren't expensive), pull the whole thing apart and replace each sensor in turn until it stops misbehaving.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
This is for an M5 but it covers most of the principles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5htqXiUd0

Essentially, you remove the trim inside the boot (removing those little plastic plug clips), you undo 6 bolts that you find underneath the trim ( group of 3 on either side), undo some more of those plastic clips in the wheel arch ( 4 on either side I think) and the bumper should slide off. There's a polystyrene former inside the bumper. Remove that (carefully - its easy to break) and you can get at the sensors.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Taking the rear bumper off is a easy and straight forward job. You will need the correct size torx tool and then it is about a ten minute job. The sensors are cheap on ebay but they do not always talk to each other that well so when I did mine I changed all four. They were not that dear and the. Just got them painted. Pretty easy job if your confident with a spanner.
Cheers
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts