BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks yes I thought that about the tyres £££. As for price there are only 12 on Autotrader under £25k, the cheapest being £16k with 123000 miles but most are £20k - £23k. This one has one of the lower mileages and has quite a bit of kit. I do think it’s a little high but probably £1k or just over. With my concerns about the tyres I’ll probably go in at £21.5k and go to 22kish then hopefully make a couple of £100 swapping the wheels. Because of the wheels though I’m happy to walk away as it is a bit of a ball ache.

·
Registered
2017 F32 440i MSport
47 Posts
It does show how used car prices have a shot up in 2021. In October of last year I bought my 2017 440i with 13K miles for £26K. The market had just reopened following lock downs, so there were some reasonable deals about.
I’d go and have a look, get a feel for the car as it is, check the history etc and make a decision based on that. There are loads of stock 19” alloys and tyres on the likes of eBay etc if you don’t like the ride on the 20” wheels.

·
Registered
F11, E92, W123, W124, 205GTI
62 Posts
It's worth checking with the dealer if the wheels (and therefore tyres) are as you say, "for show"

I've seen a few dealers who do this recently. Put what is in there opinion the best bits on the car to make the pictures attractive, then say in the description the wheels will be supplied with oem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks Pete I am just holding off at the moment as I am trying to extend my finances to get the 440i above. Spent a few days thinking about it as it’s less than 3k more, 3 years younger and the exact spec I want, seems the smarter option.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts