BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2019 430d convertible. after the rain and subsequent washing I noticed water slowly dripping out of the bottom of the offside front wheel arch. is this normal

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
yes,,it's just the water drainage channel,but also check the drain mesh coverings,,sometimes block up with debris..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes,,it's just the water drainage channel,but also check the drain mesh coverings,,sometimes block up with debris..
Just to add more info if I park facing up a slight incline water drips out of both rear ends of the sill. likewise if i park facing downhill it drips from both front ends of the sill. We had heavy rain last night and at 12.30 today it was still dripping. I've checked the drain holes and mesh both sides of the plenum chamber and they are clear. The bit that threw me originally was that i had parked at an angle facing down hill hence just one corner dripping .Ive made a booking with BMW dealer for next week but when speaking to them it was only a reservations guy who said he had made a couple of similar bookings but didn't know the outcome. it may be ok but seems a lot of water is held there.
Any thoughts would be appreciated before I go to the dealer ( forewarned is forearmed )

·
Registered
699 Posts
The front dripping is normal and just from the scuttle drains. They do have a habit of blocking and need cleaning every now and then. There is also an issue with the rear quarter panels filling with water which is well documented on here and is more of an issue unfortunately. Normally you will here water swooshing about if the quarters are full.
cheers
jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front dripping is normal and just from the scuttle drains. They do have a habit of blocking and need cleaning every now and then. There is also an issue with the rear quarter panels filling with water which is well documented on here and is more of an issue unfortunately. Normally you will here water swooshing about if the quarters are full.
cheers
jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks. Loads of water coming out on both sides. Booked at BMW dealer on Tuesday so will see what they have to say.
Cheers
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts