BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a tow bar to a 4 series convertible ? Either by BMW or independent ?

I want to find a way to carry my mountain bike - I’m not keen on boot racks due to possible stress on the boot lid mechanism, and the sea sucker types don’t seem ideal either, despite their ingenuity.

I have a 435 so I’m conscious of exhaust position, and parking sensors. I’ve found that independent tow bar fitters state compatibility, but wondering if anyone’s had real world experience ?

Found a picture from BMW showing a convertible carrying bikes, but no detail on how, either of the tow bar or the rack used.

Grateful for any info.

Cheers

T

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, I used a company called Towsure. Really professional job, everything works as it should. And when it’s not in use, you’d never know it was there. Here’s some pics.

0E70239B-6661-4AAF-BC01-06DB22C279EF.jpg

FD1A297C-4640-4D98-B294-22DB64E123B8.jpg

58C6C013-7837-4BD3-A556-082BDB1767C2.jpg

56F02607-0319-40E6-BE59-FE5B131EF741.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tony, did you fit a bar? If so, any details appreciated. Cheers
Hi chaps I’m having a Westfalia towbar fitted on Friday to my 435D X-Drive convertible (with M performance body styling) -
Will post some pics on this thread Inc any bumped cuts that might be required. Keep it all in one place.

I believe Westfalia make the bars for BMW, including the electrically retracting one.

James

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think mine was Westphalia too. No bumper cutting required, but a small section of the flexible heat shield was removed to clear the bar assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, just want to say I really appreciate you sharing this info. This is exactly what I was looking for having just purchased a new Cannondale Trail bike and now wanting to go exploring further afield. Thank you so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts