BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

335i 19x 9.5j tire fitment

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Forsh 
#1 ·
Hi I've just bought a 335i and its already got 19s on, but they cheap brand. So I want to take off and put something good on, like p zero or something. But on there at the minute is 235/35 19... To me that's too small and stretched, the rims are too close to the road and have already been hit, from previous owner.

What tire size would you reccomend for width and to get me away from the road some more? It doesn't have spacers, and I prob won't. And as far as I'm aware it's not lowered.

Some of the writing on the wheel itself are...

EH21S27
9 x9.5j
RC338

Thanks

#2 ·
CSLs are my favorite wheel!

235 tyre definitely too narrow
Original tyre size would have been 225/35x19 front and 255/30x19 rear
So stick with 255/30 for the rear or maybe go to 265/30 for a fraction more sidewall

If they are genuine BMW wheels they are quite sort after, there are a lot of copies around that included the writing on the face of the wheel

Yours being 9.5" wide probably means they are Style 127 or Style 163 E46 wheels
All BMW wheel styles 3 | BmwStyleWheels.com

I take it your front wheels are narrower? 8.5"?

:)

#4 ·
Side wall will be 1/2" taller but no wider than stock so on standard suspension there should be plenty clearance depending on how many dead bodies you have in the boot

Original BMW wheels have the lettering like on yours plus 'BMW' under where the MSport badge is

#5 ·
I've got to take the wheel off and check the ET as they rub on a 255/35 tire.. And if I put a 30 profile on, then I only improve it by 1/2inch... Two adults in the back and it's going to rub again!

I just want a correct wheel/tire that will work as it would from the factory..

#6 ·
The offset is on the face of your wheels - EH2 IS27 - the IS27 is 27mm offset

If you put the tyres size and the wheel offset in Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit then it shows you the difference if you compare it to a stock set up

stock rear: 255/30 x 19 tyre on 8.5"x19 rim ET37
(stock front:225/35 x 19 tyre on 8" x19 rim ET34)

the problem is if your tyres rub the arch then the wheels stick out too far - unfortunately spacers can only make that worse
Your option is to change your wheels and go to a stock E90 set,
or to go to a narrower tyre would but it's not be recommended to go narrower than a 245 on a 9.5" wide wheel Tyre Size for Rim Size/Width Calculator - What's the best tyre size for my rim? and that might not be enough

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.