BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I've just had my beloved 335d M Sport remapped by Emaps Scotland. I have had a few weeks to get a feeling for the new map and performance increase having driven the car under various conditions.

Firstly I knew this car was quick prior to the remap. I'd had a run against an E92 M3 'on a private road somewhere North of Dundee' and from 50 to 'the upper end shall we say' there was hardly anything in it. This made me think the car wasn't entirely standard even though it was purchased from a BMW main dealer in Surrey, less than 18 months old with 17k on the clock.

Current mileage is circa 50k and a few months ago I planned to put it in to Emaps for a remap but just before doing so I had an issue with the DPF, it needed to be replaced (more on this later).

Anyway, following DPF replacement it went to Emaps Scotland to let Farakh work his magic on it (I was also curious to find out if this had in fact been 'tinkered' with previously :confused)

To cut a long story short, following a nice cup of coffee, Farakh set about doing his business in a professional manner keeping me fully informed on what he was doing at each stage of the operation. This guy really knows his stuff (Simon you have trained this guy well!), he's very courteous and professional. I had absolute confidence in his ability to provide a professional service and full rundown on the current diagnostics as well as upload the new map.

Moving forward it turns out the car had been remapped previously (badly I might add). We can't be sure if this resulted in the failure of the DPF but after close examination there's every chance. I can't recall the exact details but basically the fuel rail pressure and turbo boost had been ramped up by idly tweaking a few tables in the ECU (if you are thinking of having a remap I suggest you do your research first, check out their feedback, to be confident in the company doing the job).

Moving forward, and after careful deliberation, I decided to progress and have the new file uploaded. I was curious to see how this new map compared to the last one. Once uploaded and after a full diagnostic check, we took the car out to see the results.

What can I say other than I'm flabbergasted :jaw-dropping by the increase in performance, especially in the mid-range. As mentioned the car was quick before but this new map has taken it to a different level. It pulls so swiftly and smoothly throughout the rev range, there are no flat spots, the push in the back as the horizon comes hurtling towards you is very intoxicating and yet it's easy to drive without any fuss. It's effortless performance. I've had a single run to time the 0-100mph from a standing start. Standard I believe these cars pull a ton in around 13.7 sec. Using the stopwatch built into the I drive system, hardly scientific, but nevertheless I recorded a time of 11 something seconds. To put that into perspective, the Porsche Cayman S pulls a ton in around 12.2 seconds. Seriously folks, I know you've read this stuff before, but these diesel torque monsters really do surprise a lot of people, they are incredibly quick standard, mindblowingly quick once a good remapping company works their magic on them. Whereas before pulling past 140 to 150 plus was a minor chore (where it's road legal of course), it now does it without any fuss at all, it's too easy and effortless...:D

On the fuel consumption front, I haven't really noticed any improvement or decrease but that probably has more to do with the way I've been driving it lately :D Once I've calmed down a bit I'll provide an update on that and will let you know if there's been any improvement under normal driving conditions...

All in all I'm incredibly happy with this new map and would recommend Emaps/Emaps Scotland without hesitation for their professional informative approach throughout the whole process...not too expensive either.

Thanks Emaps! :thumbsup

·
Registered
101 Posts
Remap 335d

Hi Simon,

Many Thanks for taking the time to post such comprehensive feedback it's greatly appreciated.:thumbsup

These do go really really well and I'm sure you'll enjoy for a long time to come.
I'm glad your happy with the results.

Thanks again.
Farakh:cool

·
Registered
208 Posts
nice write up and experience.

what DPF removal kit did you use, and fitting etc.? What's the cost of one of those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Emaps, where abouts in Scotland are you based?

How much would it cost to remap a e93 335i?

Along with a MV sports exhaust system, what sort of power and torque figures could i expect?

Thanks

Alex

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apologies for the late reply folks. Been overseas.

Re - DPF removal...the DPF hasn't been removed, it was replaced due to blockage more than likely caused by a suspect remap put on the car before I purchased it. One thing I have noticed since the ECU was remapped by Emaps is the noticeable reduction in soot deposits which previously accumulated on the inside of both tailpipes. Both are now more or less completely free from soot deposits, which I'm assuming is down to the engine burning fuel much more cleanly.

I've now covered around 4k since the remap...cannot stop smiling!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts