BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I picked up a 2016 65k miles 330e yesterday. Car drives great and is in fantastic condition.

I charged it over night and it took around 4 hours to fully charge to 15 miles. On my app and in car it said 100% charged, 15 miles.

Is this sort of reduced capacity to be expected? Nothing was mentioned to me when I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
It's a hybrid, not a proper electric car ... the electric motor part is mostly a gimmick in my opinion ... a nod to fashion and to prove concepts for when they have to become all electric. BMW only claim 41 miles at best for the system ... I'd say 1/2 that, 20 miles, would be good going unless you're going downhill all the way.

·
Registered
344 Posts
One of their reasons for introduction was company car tax I think. Like greasy says, just a gimmick. If you want electric get a proper electric car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes that's about right. It's not really meant to be used as an electric car, but rather to fullfil some tax breaks for company cars.

I've heard that the 2.0 petrol engine paradoxically is more thirsty due to the added weight of the battery. So yes, gimmick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts