BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problem replacing air filter for a new one (K&N). I have dismounted the engine cover, but I cannot take out the cover on the air filter as there is one bolt at the far end and I really cant reach it.
any help please?

THANKS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,
I am not that good in DIY as u can see...but now I know how to do this(have to buy more tools though)

btw. the original air filter has a thin layer on it..probably for rough dirt, in case it gets in somehow..I am quite sure this must restrict air intake...should I just take this out with the old filter and simply put in the new K&N filter, or better use it again and put on top of new K&N?

Is there any other way of improving performance(dont want chip tunning as the car has 134000 and turbo has not been changed yet, although it is in very very good condition..2005 330xd 204PS year...i love it..:cool)

Thank u very much for any advice !
:)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
the original air filter has a thin layer on it..probably for rough dirt, in case it gets in somehow..I am quite sure this must restrict air intake...should I just take this out with the old filter and simply put in the new K&N filter, or better use it again and put on top of new K&N?
Take it out :thumbsup

Is there any other way of improving performance(dont want chip tunning as the car has 134000 and turbo has not been changed yet, although it is in very very good condition..2005 330xd 204PS year...i love it..:cool)

Thank u very much for any advice !
:)
Not really :frown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts