BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

330D 184bhp in 320CD

Tags
184bhp 320cd
365 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jaysusar 
#1 ·
Hello, I’m new at this and just looking for advice from anyone that have experience . I’m recently building a project car . Started off with a 320CD 150bhp ! Everything is standard at the minute . But the turbo was going so I went online to get another and stumbled upon the 330D engine . Long story short . I ended up buying the whole engine with the turbo clutch flywheel etc. it’s meant to be just plug in and play but now after reading stuff about it. I’m just wondering can my car actually take the 330D engine or what kinda problems am I looking at ? My 320 is 6speed gearbox and the 330D I believed came off a 5speed

#2 ·
It will fit in the car physically but it will be far from a plug and play situation. Do you have all the engine control units to go with the new engine as they are required and then there will be a lot of coding required to get everything to talk to each other. Could end up being a big old costly job depending on how good you are at coding and with the scanners.
Cheers
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.