BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've just joined the forum and I am looking to buy I 330CI to replace my Golf PD150 (doing a lot less miles now so no need for the diesel).

I am a little confused by the models, I definetley want a Sport model but some Sport Models say they have M-Sports parts and some cars are listed as M-Sport.

From what I can work out an M-Sport is a Sport plus all the M-Sport options, and a Sport can have any M-Sport part as an option.

Could someone clear this up for me (I'm sure it'll be somewhere on the web but i've not found it yet).

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
M sport is the body kit mate. Different bumpers, side skirts and on rare ocasions are found with a boot spoiler. Also has the sil protectors, M-steering wheel, M - Gear knob. and i think the seats a slightly different... not sure on that one though.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Sport / Msport is the same, its just that some owners like to add the 'M' factor :sarcastic

Sport models as mentioned come with the M-tech body styling, sport seats and the wheel and gear knob as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
MY ONE STATES M SPORT ON THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE RECIEPT SO

:rofl
Did teh E46 have sport and Msport as 2 different models???

AFAIK BMW has normal models like SE and then Sport, with sport being the Msport pack ......

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
Did teh E46 have sport and Msport as 2 different models???

AFAIK BMW has normal models like SE and then Sport, with sport being the Msport pack ......
its the same car pretty much, my one has lower suspension than the sport and a couple of m sport badges so bmw called it an m sport.

its just a sales gimmick.

bmw added the m sport bodylit to the car and labelled it as an m sport. on the logbook it says sport but on the hpi check it says m sport.

my advice would be to test drive a se and a sport as i prefer the drive of the se but decided to go with the sport because it was fully loaded.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I asked this question when i first joined and wanted to pick up my 330ci.. The Sports and M-Sports are the same thing M-Sport Replaces the Sport model in 03-04 I asked at BMW and that is what they told me also found info on the web about this but cant seem to find the link anymore so cant forward onto you. but be careful the standard model had the option of adding M-sport bits, so make sure your not fooled as i saw some sellers do on Autotrader.

Good luck

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
I asked this question when i first joined and wanted to pick up my 330ci.. The Sports and M-Sports are the same thing M-Sport Replaces the Sport model in 03-04 I asked at BMW and that is what they told me also found info on the web about this but cant seem to find the link anymore so cant forward onto you. but be careful the standard model had the option of adding M-sport bits, so make sure your not fooled as i saw some sellers do on Autotrader.

Good luck
A lot of the sports are advertised as m sport because they changed the body kit on them. The face lift version is exactly the same as the previous version but they labeled it as an m sport. If your buying a car you should do your research first but to be honest with you even with the sports and m sport there are so many variations that you will probably struggle to find two in succession that are identical in every way. A mate of mine as the exact same car as me on paper but when the two are parked next to each other my one sits lower than his.

I would advise that you test drive a few and buy one that best suits your personality.

·
Registered
328 Posts
hmmm Mine is a 2001 and on the log book and also on the original receipt states its a 330ci m sport:thumbsup and as mentioned the car is slightly lower than the sport model, which a friend of mine has.

Also is it true that the M sport only comes with a black roof lining? just that someone mentioned it to me. Or are they pulling my leg!

will

·
Platinum BFuk Member
386 Posts
hmmm Mine is a 2001 and on the log book and also on the original receipt states its a 330ci m sport:thumbsup and as mentioned the car is slightly lower than the sport model, which a friend of mine has.

Also is it true that the M sport only comes with a black roof lining? just that someone mentioned it to me. Or are they pulling my leg!

will
i cant answer that one for you because i have no roof. lol!

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Yep, just a black headlining on the Sport.

Also, on the 4 doors there was a small window in 2000/2001 where the six cylinder only models had a sport derivative which had the 'aero' kit as opposed to the full M3 style. Had all the other sport bits, MV1 wheels, etc. Quite a rare model.

This aero kit was then made available as an option on other models when the new M3 style kit replaced it on the facelifted Sport/M Sport mid 2001

1 - 12 of 12 Posts