BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need any sort of help with performance games on my 330ci its has the ssg gearbox so is there any software that will improve gear change speeds even though its pretty quick already???? and also would rather have gains without turbos or supercharges, suggestions? also i have launch control but it says it will wear obv my clutch etc as my gearbox is actually a manual g box controlled by electronic actuators bla bla... but how bad is it??? how many times before it becomes fatal, and is there any other launch control i can find/get to get a better start off of the line, please any help would be great :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
A supercharger or a turbo would be the easiest option for big HP and torque gains. Everything else like port polishing, gas flow, bigger manifolds, re-map, wild cams WILL give you gains, but it's an expensive, time consuming mission for small gains.

Manual clutches wear. This is a fact of life. Without taking the g'box off and actually looking at the friction plate and pressure plate in the eye, you'll not know the condition of them.

Better to be gentle slipping the clutch, and use the heavy foot for accelerating through the gears. Will help the clutch last more than 5 minutes, LOL!

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Rare gearbox...
There isn't much you can do to speed up the changes, they are already pumped up to the max in Sports mode.

There was talk/rumours of a certain number of launches you could do before the warranty is voided, but that doesn't ring true.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh really! thanks guys! lool yeh i think ill just speed through the gears! and damn, dont really wanna supercharge it, guess ill just save for an M3! just wondering chaz beast how much would all of that cost, and what would be the gains in terms of hp and torque roughly??? and i know there was definately a software updaate for my gear box but i think it was just a general smoothness update and brought that mor consistently through gears rather then speeding up of gear changes???

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts