BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiall. Recently acquired 330ci vert and starting to go through it - worth spending some on it just to keep that gorgeous exhaust sound going. Anyway one item I have to address is the drivers door seal, which is badly perished along the bottom (holed). Went to the local dealer where I found out that the door seals on a vert are not separate for each door but are continuous around the the front of the car, starting from the back of the drivers door, around the door up and over the windscreen frame and then around the passenger door - all one seal??? And a £300 odd pound price tag. Looking at where the seal goes I can imaging some trim strips may need renewal - the ones left and right of the windscreen - could be a bit of a nightmare and would think it needs someone who has some experience of this job. So asking if anyone has any experience of changing these seals on the convertibles. Has anyone just spliced in the door section, for instance?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think you're best off with a 2nd hand one from a breakers or ebay, they are rolling €375 from Germany.
With a breaker, you're more likely to get one in decent enough condition.
It shouldn't be out of the realm of just get stuck in and diy. Get some dish soap and lather it up.
If you can figure out how it comes off, it'll just be a reversal, you might need a little hard rubber roller which is normally used for sound deadening application.
I'd suggest once done, treat it with gummi pfledge which you can get off ebay for under £10. It should be applied to a fully clean rubber at least twice a year, more if you really scrub your car in car washes.
It'll keep the rubber hydrated and looking black, just don't put it near the suede channel on the roof where it meets the side windows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply FPSChris. Have not been on the site for a couple of weeks so missed your reply. Yes, I guess soap and rollers help a lot. I don't mind paying for new genuine but hate the thought of wrecking the side trims. Well I have enough going on with the car at the moment then I will come back to this seal. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts