BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

330cd convertible e46 204bhp maxitune by stan at ecotune

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  alb27 
#1 ·
Can I first say hello. My first time on the forum. Been thinking for a while about having my bmw 330cd convertible e46 2006 remapped, not that it was down on power but felt the engine had a lot more to give. Kept reading reports on stan at ecotune, gave him a call and well the rest is history. Had the map done via his iflash device which I bought, this itself is a handy bit of kit to ow. Back to the car, the engine has had the swirl flaps done and I bought the ecotune decat downpipe and fitted myself, in the new software stan programmed in the egr delete and wrote the maxitune back into my iflash. Download to the car and why the chuf didn't I do this sooner! !!!! What a machine, 285bh and 520 torques later is a car thats looks hot and goes even hotter! No lag no smoke just smooth power till you hit 3k rpm then all hell brakes loose! It doesn't even matter what gear your in! Thanks stan, your man and if you go steady with the loud peddle I actually saw 48.4mpg on the dash on the 20mile cross country route to work, cant say fairer than that! Was worried the clutch / dmf would struggle but stan said as long as the car was health there wouldnt be an issue. He was right no problems at all. I'm as happy as a pig in well you no what I mean! Cheers ecotune I'll be back for a full exhaust system soon! Make it sound aswell as it goes. Martyn.

#2 ·
good the extra torque aint it,im averaging around 40mpg,brim to brim,not obc which we all no lie like ****, i wanred my map to be sensible so is 260 bhp, and as you say the tranny can handle easy, ive had it done for 4 months now and is the best £200 ive spent on a car,not done by ecotune but a reputable tuner from north east,3rd and 4th are the most noticable gears the torque bears its teeth, not to good in the wet though,got to be gentle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.