BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl
i am looking at buying a 330ci coupe its a 2000 with 134000 on the clock with full service history,this is a ex company car and the price is good.what do you guys think?i am bit weary cos of the miles.
cheers ben

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
its a pretty tough lump in these :)
as long as its had regular oil changes with quality oil being used then i dont think you'll need worry about the engine.
suspension bushes may need to be budgeted for...but dont let that sort of mileage put you off too much.
maybe an rac/aa car check for peace of mind ;)

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I ran a 325i and 330i as company cars, one did 140k miles in 3 years, the other 120k miles. Neither needed anything other than routine servicing in that time.
My mate bought my 325i off the leasing company, sold it last year at 8 years old with starship mileage and it cost him nothing other than routine too.
My experience would say they are pretty resilient to mileage.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Whats the price?

Yes company cars have been serviced regularly etc, but the true condition on the car can depend how the person at the company drove it...my dad's driven company cars for years and knows one or two people he works with who also drive company cars, that thrash them all the time.

Just something to be wary of ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about this one guys? trade 2001 330ci, silver, manual, 1 owner from new, mot expired this month according to the ad. It looks great but I would need to check for service history and 166,000 is a step up again in miles. I think 5k is a bit pricy too, but then again what do I know!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dread to think what mines worth/run in like with just 25k on the clock........... and I've had mine since new in 2001....

Tom

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I got my 2001 320d SE in november its done 174k and still drives like new and it only cost me £2,250 all it needed was the ambiant temp guage mending and brake pads. It is hands down the best car i have ever owned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts