BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just bought a 328i, my first bmw and german car for that matter....

I have read some articles saying that an M3 (e36) exhaust can be fitted, is this the same case for the touring?

Also that a good mod is the M50 inlet manifold, do i need to remap after this?

(more questions)

Will an M3 exhaust manifold fit the 328?

and lastly i have heard that US spec M3 cams will go in the 328, will UK spec cams fit?

Has any one done all of the above with a good outcome..

Cheers and all the best

Rob,

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
Hi all,

I have just bought a 328i, my first bmw and german car for that matter....

I have read some articles saying that an M3 (e36) exhaust can be fitted, is this the same case for the touring?

Also that a good mod is the M50 inlet manifold, do i need to remap after this?

(more questions)

Will an M3 exhaust manifold fit the 328?

and lastly i have heard that US spec M3 cams will go in the 328, will UK spec cams fit?

Has any one done all of the above with a good outcome..

Cheers and all the best

Rob,
Welcome, you have obviously done your research! Shouldn't really encourage you to join other forums but this fantastic article about fitting a M3 exhaust to a 328touring is just what you are looking for:thumbsup http://forum.performancebmwmag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5939 I think I have seen that guy knocking round here as well!

You don't need a remap after the M50 manifold but it is recommended. As it's such a popular mod many tuners have maps available to compliment the M50 manifold conversion.

As for cam's needs to be the US ones. The US M3 is nothing like the UK model. It's basically a tuned M50 without ITB's and puts out 240bhp.

All the stuff you are looking at are popular mods and highly recommended. Do a search for Hamish on here as he has done all you are looking at.

Only thing missing from your list is the M3 3.15 lsd.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Thanks very much for your reply!

I'm picking the car up tomorrow. Did any of the 328's have an LSD as standard? apparently its got every option that was available at the time!?!?! not sure what that means but we'll see

Cheers

Rob,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thumbsup

Good stuff thank you very much. Normally auto have taller gearing but not sure with these German wagons :)

any ideas on what companys supply 'off the shelf' remaps? and how much they cost? I assume i will have to get something to reflash the Eprom?

I'll let you know tomorrow what spec every thing is as to be honest i don't have a clue!

Also thank you for the alternate forum link, just waiting for the admin to accept me.

All the best

Rob,

·
Administrator
4,219 Posts
Still haven't found out the ratio of the 328 auto and have had a quick google as well! I'll get it eventually!

There are a few places around your way that will remap your car for £250-300. Yep, it's just a reflash. You can buy the equipment to do your own and buy a map / develop your own but for the savings you will make it's not really worth it. You would also really need a wide band lambda sensor and that will kill any potential savings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.