BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently looking at getting another, but this time im getting an Auto box. Can you tell me what sort of MPG you get from yours...

Also, does the 'economy' button really work ? Aswell as, sport and winter ?

What do they do exactly.. ?

Thanks, Ryan :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Im currently looking at getting another, but this time im getting an Auto box. Can you tell me what sort of MPG you get from yours...

Dont get a damn auto mate!!!!! ive just swapped mine from auto to manual!! what a pain in the arse the auto box is...fuel wise...auto used more than my manual does, mpg not sure as I have a heavy little toe on my right foot ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats wrong with the auto's... ? Just want one as do alot of motorway miles so during heavy traffic.. I hate the clutch !! lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Auto version.. Again i got mine for the same reasons..Can't be bothered to change gear lol.
They are ok.. I do prefer the manual for more spirited driving..
Fuel economy..Well its a 2.8 so don't expect diesel miles.. But saying that..drive with a bit of common sense, and to be fair.. they are not bad!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh just wanted the auto for a cruising car really.. had the manual version before and cant be bothered with the clutch for the miles I will do, just want a motorway cruising car with some luxury and style for what is now very cheap!

Ive got my other toy for the 'spirited' driving :D

What sort of mpg are you hitting tho ? I believe the obd is not very reliable for figures.. is this true ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an auto for the reasons as above :lol
i manage low 30ish mpg on motorways with start/stop traffic. btw the motorway journeys are of "high speed" - not going to say how fast ;)

my car is an exception with only 43k on the clocks so its pretty new :hihi

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Not driven the auto, but they are 5 speed boxes so should qork quite well. Also when accelerating in everyday situations, you don't loose those moments shifting gears and I personally find a wide range of a modern autoss with 5-6 speed boxes to be ideal

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah i tend to agree.. I average around the 30mpg mark..If i am sensible..It does drop a significant amount when you give it the loud treatment.
My car has 56k on the clock, so its a pretty good benchmark for the age and mileage.

I would buy an Auto again..But more for the lazy factor than anything else..They are a good drive and comfortable..Having said that, so is the manual..Its just personal preference mate.

·
Registered
73 Posts

PM'd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts