BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, as i wanna do some track days with her :) i wanna make sure the brakes can cope...
ordered some koni coilovers the other day so will have them fitted within the month hopefully, oh by the way, is any one else running koni coilovers? and are they any good? was planning on having it as low and as hard as possible :D lol (may wear thin after a while)

so after researching brake upgrades... there are naff all big brake kits available for the E46 compact. and all the ones that are, are like 3k! mental!

would M3 brakes fit? and would they be alot better?

thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I think you may be better finding out the difference in 330 discs compared to M3:thumbsup

Personally I think this would be a better route:cool

Big brake conversions have never turned me on to be honest:frown Not unless the car is pushing huge power:D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
urm... not sure really.
whar would you suggest? i mean i dont want to go ballistic with price
like £700?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I had my Impreza, I used the EBC Redstuff, with slotted discs and Goddridge hoses which was a good combination but quite noisey. The Yellow stuff may be too harsh for road use as I think they are more of a race compound?
All the Scooby lads use Ferodo DS2500's and I've never heard one complaint about them and one of my customers at work uses them in the rally cars he preps:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I use the EBC grooved discs and Greenstuff pads all around and I rate them tremendously but that may be because I've not experienced ferodo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts